Tata’s hitting the road again, and March is going to be full of beauty events around the country – we hope you can join us at one of the below! If you’re curious about our skincare line, or about transitioning to natural, nontoxic products in general, meeting with Tata and getting a personalized recommendation, plus getting to experience every product in the line, can be the perfect introduction.
March 6th: Tata will be at SpaceNK Boca, Florida, for mini facials from 1:30 – 3 pm. Call the store to book your spot: 561-394-2242
March 7th: Tata’s visiting SpaceNK Aventura, Florida, for a skincare Masterclass (an hourlong group session where you get to experience every product, and chat with Tata about the products, technology and the best daily regimen for you.) Call store to book your spot: 305-792-1015
March 18th: Tata heads to the West Coast! Visit her for a Masterclass at Neiman Marcus, San Diego, CA, at 2 pm. Call the Tata Harper Beauty Counter to book a spot! (619)-692-9100
March 19th: Neiman Marcus is hosting a spa facial event from 12-6; join Tata there! Book a spot by calling the Beauty Counter at (310)-550-5900
March 20th: Tata will be visiting Planet Beauty Dana Point, California, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm for some evening beauty consultations. Book your spot! Call (949)-493-7111
March 21st: - Next up: Planet Beauty Newport Beach, from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. Join Tata by calling the store to book your spot: (949)-261-6788
March 22nd: Last but not least, Tata will be at Planet Beauty Calabasas, California, from 10 – 12 am! Call the store to book your spot: (818)-225-8920
Hope to see you there!
It’s wintertime – which means it’s time to fight dull skin (caused by winter’s dry weather and cold conditions) with all we’ve got. Tata teamed up with the Beauty and Health director at Teen Vogue, Elaine Welteroth, to bring you this awesome DIY tutorial for a fresh enzyme, spa-style Face Mask that you can do at home, in your kitchen, with easy-to-find ingredients! Watch below!
With the New Year just around the corner (when did that happen!), let us reflect for a minute on: beauty habits. The ones we do because our mothers and grandmothers told us to, and the ones we learned about in that magazine or on that blog. There are some that we should never stop doing (literally – our whole lives), and some that really are best for once-a-month instead of once-a-week. So, let’s review: the best natural beauty habits that you should keep, and why – plus, the ones you should probably stop, asap. Let us begin!
Keep doing this: Applying your skincare products from forehead all the way to the chest. Seriously! This is not a fun habit for people who are skimpy with products, but it’s essential because really, the neck and chest get zero love in common skincare routines. We don’t moisturize there, or apply antiaging products there, but it gets a lot of sun exposure, and it’s an area that starts showing signs of aging around the same time as the face. Instead of using just 1 pump of product (moisturizers and any treatment products, like serums) to cover your face, do 2 pumps and massage the product all the way down to your upper chest. You’ll be glad you did!
Drop this one: Going to sleep in your makeup. Even just once or twice a week. When we sleep, the entire body goes into maintenance and renewal mode, and the skin does too. Sleeping with makeup on interferes with the skin’s natural regenerating processes, and can clog pores. Makeup-removal wipes are okay, but because there’s no rinse involved, they usually leave some kind of residue on the skin’s surface. It’s best to head to the sink and do a full wash – our Refreshing Cleanser is a 2-in-1 cleanser and makeup remover, while preserving hydration for a healthy glow.
Keep doing this: Applying your Body Oil (or natural body lotion) immediately after stepping out of the shower, while the skin is still warm and slightly damp. Doing this ensures that the water that’s still on the surface of your skin gets brought into your skin as your body oil is absorbed, to ensure that your skin stays hydrated for longer. Our Revitalizing Body Oil is perfect for this because it’s a super low-molecular-weight, so it sinks right in with no greasy finish.
Drop this one: Drinking 3+ cups of coffee a day. It’s brutal to admit, but coffee isn’t very good for the skin, because caffeine is very dehydrating. If you’re frustrated with the performance of your daily moisturizers, it’s key to think about what you’re doing each day that could actually be drying the skin from the inside out (like drinking lots of coffee, or smoking, or forgetting to drink water).
Keep doing this: Wearing SPF every day. It may seem like a pain to do that extra step in your skincare routine each day, but it’s important because UVA rays are the ones that contribute mostly to wrinkles and the skin’s degradation (photoaging), and they can reach our skin through clouds, fog and glass. So load up!
Drop this one: Getting frequent intense chemical peels. While they leave your skin glossy and glowing and looking pretty much perfect, they are very intense treatments and, when used often (like once a month), can actually contribute to aging because they are stripping to the skin’s strength and structure. Angiaging is all about reinforcing the skin’s youthful structure and collagen matrix; intense treatments can compromise that structure and weaken the skin in the long-term. Stick to getting a peel treatment every few months at the most, and look for more gentle natural treatments that offer similar results (like our Resurfacing Mask, a gentle beta hydroxy treatment for instant glow).
What are your skincare-habit resolutions this year? Any you think everyone should hang on to, or let go of?
*Photo credit for featured image: Madeline Wolf, borrowed from Annie Atkinson of Shesintheglow.com
We love the gift giving season at our HQ, and have spent some time discussing gift ideas and comparing crafty plans. However, we’ve unanimously decided that a wonderful, thoughtful gift for a loved one (mom, daughter, sister, or even a best friend) is a Tata Haper mini facial that you can do at home! If you have some of the essentials, it’s easy, fun, and simply perfect for a relaxing pre/post holiday get together indoors.
Chelsea, our in-house esthetician, shows you how to do an at-home Tata Harper Mini Facial with your nearest & dearest! The photos below come from beauty blogger Annie Atkinson of shesintheglow.com – an amazing beauty blog that we love to peruse for daily inspiration. Last summer, she held a Pamper Party in New York City with Tata and a gathering of friends (she covered the event in this gorgeous post) so we’re sharing her images here as part of our how-to!
Get Started: gather up your Tata Harper products in a quiet, relaxing space. Having these 5 essentials will be enough and we’ll show you how to use the extras too.
Despite our best efforts at willing summer to stick around for a little while longer, winter is definitely upon us. And with that, the inevitable shift in the way the skin feels: it’s a little more easily dehydrated, it feels a little tighter and less dewy and naturally hydrated. Dry patches, itchiness and irritation may appear, or get worse. Keeping the skin properly hydrated, with a healthy moisture balance, isn’t only important because it keeps the skin feeling good, but it’s crucial for keeping the signs of aging at bay. Dry skin is more prone to developing fine lines and wrinkles, plus can appear more dull and lackluster.
While Tata doesn’t recommend flip-flopping between products and regimens constantly (consistency is important, to let the skin really enjoy the long-term benefits of your skincare products), moisture is the one department where there simply must be some seasonal variation. In the hot, humid weather, one may not need a moisturizer at all – a serum or light toner may provide all the hydration needed. But in the winter, it’s essential that we maintain deep hydration as well as a healthy barrier.
Here are some basic ways you can promote healthy hydration in the skin no matter how chilly and dry your winter environment may be.
1) Exfoliate regularly, to keep the skin glowy and to help prep the skin to better receive the hydrating benefits of your moisturizing products. Decongesting the buildup in the surface of the skin that accumulates daily is essential for daily glow and radiance – plus, by leaving a purified surface behind, moisturizers can work their magic even better. Explore our daily exfoliating cleanser here, and our weekly mask exfoliating treatment for instant glow here.
2) Avoid cleansers and toners with soaps, detergents or alcohols. These astringent ingredients strip the skin of its essential moisture, leaving the skin feeling tight, dry and depleted. Soaps are detrimental because they rob the skin of its healthy, natural moisture that it works so hard to create and maintain – therefore prompting the skin to go into sebum (facial production) overdrive to make up for its suddenly dry environment. Instead, opt for cleansers that use enzymes, clays and essentials to purify, detoxify and polish the skin. It is possible to have skin that feels hydrated and healthy even after cleansing! Check out our cleansers here – soap-free, and formulated to leave the skin glowing and feeling soft and supple.
3) Wearing makeup throughout the day? Replenish moisture on top of makeup with a hydrating spritz. There’s nothing worse than realizing your skin is feeling a little bit dry underneath your makeup. There is just no way to apply a cream. Opt for a hydrating spray – they are out there! – and use throughout the day to replenish moisture. Our Hydrating Floral Essence is a perfect example of a moisturizing booster that has weightless humectants that penetrate makeup and the skin immediately, and help to trap moisture from your environment to keep the skin hydrated and supple all day. Makeup won’t be wrecked – in fact, we all think it helps makeup look even better.
4) Drink lots of water, and eat foods that hydrate from the inside out. The general rule is 1-2 liters of water a day; though it can feel like a chore, it can boost the skin’s radiance and plumpness. The skin is our bodies largest organ, and performs routine maintenance activities every day and night, and like the rest of our bodies, water helps it do its job efficiently. Hydrating foods include fruits, like apples, berries and melons, and certain veggies like spinach, cucumber, celery, tomatoes and carrots.
5) Avoid lots of caffeine! Ever notice how drinking lots of coffee sends you to the bathroom more often than usual? Well that’s not only because you’re drinking lots of liquid; it’s a mild diuretic so it prompts the body to produce more urine, which means your body’s processing the water in your system faster than normal. In other words, it can dry you out (alcohol does this too). If you’re really striving for moisture, avoid these dehydrating culprits.
Lastly, may we introduce to you the Winter Moisturizing Essentials set? (Pictured above!) Tata put together a perfect set of products to keep the skin, lips and body hydrated through the cold months: a non-drying, hydration-promoting cleanser, a rich, silky moisturizer for the face, a light moisturizing facial oil, a deeply hydrating body oil, and Be Fierce – a super-hydrating lip treatment. Explore the new set here.