In the next installment of our Holiday Gift Guides we are so excited to have McKel of Nutrition Stripped here today. If we are ever in need of recipe inspiration or seeking out tips on healthy living McKel is often our answer. From sharing a delicious vegetarian dinner recipe to breaking down all the vitamins and nutrients found in different foods, McKel is a wealth of wellness inspiration. As registered dietitian nutritionist based in Nashville, McKel highlights whole food recipes that taste delicious and make you feel radiant and nourished.
One of the reasons that I constantly return back to Nutrition Stripped is how simple and straightforward the recipes are. If you are anything like me, I need a recipe to be a simple as possible for it to work out in the end. Switching over to a plant-based and whole food based diet can be intimidating for some, yet McKel’s kind hearted writing makes everything so much more approachable. I could gush and gush about McKel but too keep it simple, her blog is a must follow for anyone who wants nutritious resources, recipe ideas and all around healthy living inspiration.
Today McKel is here to share some of her favorite gifts that she has given and received over the years. I think there is no better gift to give to a friend than an item that you already truly love, because why would they not love it also?! From her favorite skincare products to a lifelong wish of more time, McKel covers it all!
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: talk about instant glow! This is my ALL TIME favorite mask to use when my skin needs a little boost.
- Beats Solo Headphones: Working out is a huge part of my lifestyle and I love how chic and functional these headphones are!
- Tata Harper “Be Fierce” Lip Balm: I love the subtle scent of this and it leaves my lips silky smooth
- The Woman I Wanted to Be: I love reading, it’s one of my favorite ways to decompress from a busy day, and this book by DVF has been on my list for quite some time. I admire her for her confidence and amazing ability to stand the test of time in business and doing it with integrity.
- Fantastic Cities Coloring Book by Steve McDonald: because all adults should still color too! It’s great for stress management.
- Tata Harper Body Oil: pure luxury in a bottle. I love using this at bedtime so the oils can soak in and I wake up feeling super moisturized.
- A cozy blanket/throw to cuddle up with on the couch with your pup, your love, and a big ole’ mug of Turmeric Milk!
- I love candles, this is one of my favorites made locally here in Nashville, TN. Paddywax Candles in Tobacco and Patchouli– woodsy, earthy, and masculine.
- Tata Harper Floral Essence: my favorite thing to spray with me throughout the day when I need a little refresh, dewiness, or just to take in a deep breath to relax. The smell of rose is heaven in this!
- This adorable marble cheese board by West Elm, I’m such a sucker for marble!
- Tata Harper Love Potion: the perfect go-to fragrance that everyone loves, instantly lifts my mood and I can feel really good about putting this on all day long because it’s free of all the harmful ingredients typically found in perfumes!
- Time! A gift that requires nothing but me (or you!) setting boundaries with work/personal time. This is by far the most precious gift and I take it very seriously! Making time to soak up time with my family while visiting home, hanging with friends, baking/cooking, and enjoying every second.