Happy Earth Month! Here at Tata Harper Skincare, we celebrate the Earth every day, but in April we are especially focused on making our lives as sustainable as possible.
In the quest to be natural, it takes time to find what works for you and to transition to a more holistically clean lifestyle. Take it slow. Start with what you use every day: your food, the products you put on your body, and the products you bring into your home.
A year ago, we exposed the Toxic Ten of skincare. Keep that list handy when you’re skimming ingredients while shopping for products. Move from food, to skincare, to household cleaners, and work your way to a toxin-free life. You don’t have to go 100% right away, but one by one, you’ll get there!
There are a few items Tata never compromises on that you may want to take to heart yourself:
- Skincare. Tata uses her products morning and night for her glowing skin and the all natural, non toxic ingredients. Looks good and feels good!
- Household cleaning products. We recommend Seventh Generation. They’ve been around for almost 30 years, creating plant based cleaning solutions for your home.
- Aluminum free deodorant. This is a big transition but it is an important one. The aluminum in many antiperspirants and deodorants is designed to block your pores so the sweat can’t escape. Much like on your face, you don’t want clogged pores! It can result in blackheads/pimples, cysts, and can increase the risk of breast cancer cells developing. It also stops your body from functioning naturally when it comes to how you cool down. We suggest LaVanilla and Aurelia.
- Sunscreen. We all know how important daily SPF is. Tata recommends a natural sunscreen such as Suntegrity to keep chemicals off your face while protecting you from the sun’s rays.
Nobody’s perfect and transitioning to a toxin-free life can be hard. Even Tata allows herself a few compromises:
- Chanel lipstick jumbo crayon in #3. Chanel glamour, long lasting coverage, full satiny color. Need we say more?
- Stracciatella. Shreds of melted chocolate in delicious milk based ice cream. Her sweet tooth can’t resist this delectable treat!
- Hair dye. There are some things nature just hasn’t accomplished yet. The ability to permanently dye hair is one of them. It’s hard to give up wanting to see if blondes really do have more fun.
- Non-natural nail polish. Another one nature needs to get going on. There’s something luxurious about a rich, gel manicure we can’t resist.
- Food when traveling. Fast food reigns supreme still when on the road. Tata is skilled at finding incredible local juice bars and healthy restaurants in her travels but occasionally, in certain areas, it can be challenging. We do our best to find something hearty and healthy when we can!
Join us in celebrating the Earth and introducing small changes in your daily lifestyle to be happy, healthy, and eco-friendly.
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.