There are so many reasons to love autumn in Vermont: the spectacular foliage unfolding on the hills around our farm, the mornings spent pulling out sweaters and fluffy socks from the closet, the dramatic evening light that warms our dining room just in time for dinner. The kids love it, too – crunching in the fallen leaves in the backyard and coming in for snacks when their cheeks and hands are chilly.
In honor of this beautiful, fleeting season (winter is just around the corner; we’re waking up to frosted windows!) I rounded up some of the items I am loving these days, some that are new and some that I just can’t live without. Details below!
- Tata Harper Boosted Contouring Eye Mask: This item has been in the spotlight a few times now on the Blog and on my Instagram and for good reason; it’s an incredible firming treatment for the eye area and delivers an instant lifting, tightening effect. As a mask, it can be used every few days but I can’t help myself – I’ve been using it every day!
- Sandro Sparks Sweater in Blue: Isn’t this a gorgeous sweater? I found it in Paris and have been throwing it on every time I need to get lost in something super-fluffy. The color is so vibrant in real life which I’m all about. When it comes to clothes, the more colorful, the better.
- Tata Harper Concentrated Brightening Essence: I am so excited about our newest product, the Brightening Essence. It’s formula is so silky and lightweight, but it’s incredibly powerful. I love to use it right after I cleanse, right before I apply my serum, because it helps increase the efficacy of antiaging treatments. Plus I love its elegant packaging – it’s like a statement piece!
- On Being Podcast with Krista Tippett: I spend a lot of time on planes, trains and in cars, traveling to events all over the country, and while some might get bored and restless with all that travel time, I love it – it’s my time to think, read, learn and catch up with the news. On Being is one of my new favorite podcasts: Krista Tippett hosts thoughtful, brilliant interviews with some of the world’s leading thinkers, writers, scientists, artists, philosophers. I always end each episode feeling inspired and refreshed. I particularly loved this recent interview with Adam Grant, on why it’s important to be generous at work.
- Comme Des Garcons Play Heart Print T-Shirt: I’m a sucker for hearts! This top is so cute.
- Olympia Activewear Moto Legging: My mom actually got me these leggings, and they are the best. Super comfy for traveling and exercising, but stylish enough to wear out and about.
- Vermont Farm to Table Cookbook by Tracey Medeiros: I’ve been working trying to cook a little bit more lately, especially with Thanksgiving right around the corner, and I found this cookbook so inspiring. My favorite kinds of meals are hearty and filling, like barley vegetable stews and root vegetable salads, and this book has it all. The food culture in Vermont is one of the reasons I love it so much here; there is such an appreciation for locally grown, fresh and seasonal food. I like to honor that tradition at home as much as possible.
- Bernardo Peony Rain Boots: While I’m loyal to my Hunter boots, it’s nice to have some variation in the rain boot department. I love that these boots have such a street-style look; they’d go so well with a pair of tights and a skirt, or with some cuffed jeans, but serve double-duty with waterproof material.
- Tata Harper Soothing Muscle Gel: I’ve been taking TRX classes at our local gym and the Muscle Gel has come in so handy after particularly tough classes! I have been using it on my shoulders and it helps to relieve soreness.
- Healing Meditations with Deepak Chopra: Another go-to on long flights, I love Deepak’s guided meditations. They bring me such a sense of clarity and calm, I don’t know what I’d do without them.
- NutriBullet Pro: We are crazy about smoothies at my house! I’ve grown up having fresh fruit and berry smoothies every morning; they’re daily staples in Colombia. I particularly love using the NutriBullet to make nutritious smoothies for the kids, packed with spinach, avocados and all of the things the aren’t exactly wild about eating on their own.
- ‘God Save the Queen’ Army Jacket: I love clothing that takes a classic idea and adds an unexpected twist. This jacket has so much flair! I couldn’t resist.
- Ribbed Knit Cashmere Socks: As soon as the cold weather arrives, I put cashmere socks on and don’t take them off till April. They are the ultimate treat, especially for evenings spent under piles of blankets watching movies with the kids.
There you have it – some of my recent faves! Lots of love for a cozy fall – xx,
Author: Tata Harper
I want to create beauty products that meet the standards of the modern woman: luxurious, effective, and nontoxic.