Oh, Los Angeles…. you are so, so very different from Vermont. Tata heads out to the West Coast every few months, and this sprawling metropolis is always number one destination – not only because our products are in so many beautiful boutiques, spas and department stores, but also because there is so much to do! Over the years, Tata has developed some favorite spots to visit… here are her recommendations for must-see healthy destinations and items in Los Angeles.
P.S. – traveling somewhere soon? Don’t miss out on picking up an aromatherapy gift with purchase this week! (Tata’s never without them.) Enjoy a free 3ml Aromatherapy Treatment with any purchase over $150*. Pick your own! Enter the code of your choice at checkout! For a Mini Stress Treatment, enter OHM. For a mini Irritability Treatment, enter AAH. For a mini Bedtime Treatment, enter ZZZ. Offer ends 11:59 pm PST 2/28/14! Know which one you’ll go for? Head here.
1. Travel Essential: Aromatherapy Treatments. LA is such an enjoyable place to visit, but often it gets a bad rap for its traffic. I make a point to use my aromatherapy treatments before and after driving so I can just enjoy the ride. You can find moments of beauty if you’re centered, especially on the PCH!
2. Brunching: Joan’s on Third! Is it too cold out to talk about ice cream? On a summer day, I’ll pop into Joan’s on Third to enjoy a sweet treat. They carry Salt & Straw ice cream – uniquely known for their “farm to cone” daring flavors that are fun to try like honey balsamic strawberry with cracked pepper and freckled woodblock chocolate. Delicious!
3. Shopping: Free People, Hollywood. I get really inspired by the LA fashion and neighborhoods like Beachwood Canyon so its fun to take advantage of the warm weather & channel the creativity I feel in such a creative city like LA with what I am wearing.
4. Memorable Eats: Botegga Louie. One part restaurant, the other mega bakery, Bottega Louie is one of the gems of Downtown LA’s commercial and residential revival. The dining space is open and grabbing a window seat makes for some great people watching during lunch. The portobello fries are tasty and the portion is big enough for a midday meal. They seem to be famous for their candy-colored pastel macarons so be sure to grab one on your way out!
5. Travel Gifts: Kelly Wearstler flagship boutique, Melrose. In recent years, LA has had an influx of some major commercial development improvements that have paved the way for unique shopping experiences in Santa Monica and Downtown LA. Still, I love an afternoon of shopping on Melrose because I like the diversity of the shops and Kelly Wearstler’s boutiques is a favorite to visit. After stopping into MCafe for a watermelon lemonade, I’ll go here to check out the inspiring decor, great coffee table books, luxury candles and so much more. It’s a great place to pick up glamorous gifts, which is suiting for bringing back presents from a trip to Hollywoodland.
What are your favorite LA spots? Answer in the comments section below!
Special thanks to Blair Breitenstein for the Tata City Guide girl illustrations. Blair is a Tata Harper Skincare fan and a Seattle city girl herself with a charming personality & great style. You can check out Blair’s sketches on her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.