Beauty is more than skin deep. In addition to her daily day and night skincare routines, getting enough sleep, and staying hydrated, Tata boosts her glow with diet and supplements. We sat down with her to get her daily routines and tips.
- I’m a huge believer in supplements, not a replacement for good nutrition but help get things further, like turmeric and magnesium supplements which aid with digestion.
- Digestion, and paying attention to my body and how I feel, is really big for me. Bad digestion can lead to reabsorption of toxins back into the bloodstream. I like pre and probiotics for maintaining gut health.
- I love taking algae as a supplement, it has so many amazing benefits. I’ve found through my research and my own experience that it helps reduce stress, and really takes the edge off that heavy feeling you get when you’re used to exercising and don’t have time to do it, which happens to me a lot when I travel. It’s also packed with easily digestible protein and nutrients – your body can absorb about 80% of the protein in it, compared to about 20% of the protein in beef. When ingested it has an energizing, cleansing, anti- inflammatory effect, and can even improve skin tone and help with chronic outbreaks.
- Moon juice Action Dust – I love Moon Juice’s entire collection. I especially love the Action Dust for its energizing effects.
- I don’t have any strict dietary restrictions, but I try to each organic and whole, nutrient dense foods as much as possible; the closer that food is to its natural state the more nutritional content it has. I like to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day. I generally avoid red meat and processed foods. Instead I focus on whole grains, lots of seafood, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. I like foods that boost blood flow, and therefore oxygen, throughout the body, like avocado, blueberries, chia seeds. Essential fatty acids are really important, and a lot of omega 3-rich foods help with circulation, like flax seed oil, chlorella, sesame, and cauliflower. I avoid foods that slow circulation like caffeine, animal fats, gluten, and dairy. I’ve learned a lot about foods that are good for your skin, and for your liver, which is a really important beauty organ. Walnuts are a favorite snack of mine, and are high in glutathione, an antioxidant. Oats, melons, peaches, spinach, and mushrooms are also good for your liver, as is avoiding too much animal protein. I don’t watch calories, and I don’t weigh myself. Overall, for me it’s about feeling fulfilled and finding individual balance.
- I have a pitcher in my house that I keep crystals in because I read how it changes the vibration of the water, and I swear since I started doing it, when I drink the water I feel totally energized – it could be a placebo effect but I love it. Stones: Carnelian, Moonstone, Ruby, Black tourmaline, Pink quartz, Garnet, Citrine, Amethyst and Blue lace agathe.
- I love taking baths – I take one every day when I’m at home – and I collect bath soaks and make my own essential oil blends. I really love Pursoma’s Digital Detox blend after coming home from a long trip.
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.