Happy Friday everyone! We hope that you had a wonderful week. We can hardly believe that it is October, hello Autumn! The fall is one of our favorite seasons here on the farm. We are taking advantage of all the warm weather while it lasts by eating lunch on the picnic tables outside or having meetings out in our gazebo. There is something about the crisp weather in the fall leads us to want to spend all our time outdoors. And as the weather is starting to get a bit chillier, there is the reminder that soon enough it will be winter in Vermont and we will be freezing, so we need to enjoy the warm weather while it is still here.
The other week Jenna brought back one of our favorite weekly columns, our Friday Five. As an end to the week, we like to lighten it up here on the blog talk about various topics that are on our mind. We will share various articles we are reading, blog posts that have caught our eye or simply things that we are talking about here in the office.
1. Now that Autumn is in full swing, we are constantly thinking of crisp fall weather, cozy layers, pumpkins and more. We are keeping track of our favorite images and style inspiration on our “Fall Into Autumn” pinterest board. Make sure to follow along to see more images like the Heirloom Pumpkin Varieties photo above.
2. Here at our headquarters we try to always take advantage of our beautiful setting and be outside as much as possible. It seems that we are not the only ones who see the importance of spending time outdoors. I loved reading this article in The Atlantic about doctors writing prescriptions for patients to spend increased time outdoors. While I am no doctor, I can full heartedly agree to the power that time outside can have on my well-being. I for one am trying to take advantage of this beautiful fall weather in Vermont while it lasts. What is on the top of my to-do list? Apple Picking!
3. We always love to see new interviews with Tata, so it was great to read her feature on Guest of a Guest. Tata shared helpful tips from the history of starting the brand to how to be sure a product is truly natural and healthy. Personally, one of my favorite parts of the interview was learning Tata’s suggestions on what are the most important skincare routines for younger clients in their 20’s & 30’s. Her answer, “to exfoliate daily!” (Note taken, our Regenerating Cleanser is a great product that provides a light exfoliation everyday.)
4. Cooking is sadly not one of my main talents, but that doesnt stop me from always trying new recipes. While I love a good cookbook, lately I tend to finding recipes on various blogs, such as Nutrition Stripped. Sweet potatos are one of my favorite items to eat all throughout the fall, so I love finding new ways to incorporate them into meals. This weekend I am going to try my hand at McKels Sweet Potato and Greens Bowl. She says it is simple lets hope so!
5. It is that time of year again when Martha Stewarts American Made contest is in full swing. We love to always support other businesses that are based here in the US, especially small companies that are just starting out. There is such a great list of finalists this year so it is hard to narrow down my favorites, however I think my votes are going to the paper company Appointed and the leather accessory company, Matine.
What have we missed? Let us know what you have been reading and talking about this week in the comment section below. Have a wonderful weekend!