Here’s something else to look forward to every week… aside from whatever it is that you enjoy doing on the weekends. (BTW… what do you enjoy doing on the weekends? Please share with us in the comments below.)
Being that the heart is chiefly involved here, expect randomization and always be prepared to be surprised. Are we doing a good job painting a picture of what lies ahead? Have you ever listened to “All Things Considered” on NPR? Well this is like “All Beautiful Things Considered”; curiosities that we’re passionate about, carefully curated by the writers of Angel Road and brought alive through mixed media. Welcome to our first Friday tumble down the rabbit hole.
Whew! OK. No pressure or anything….
1. This look from fashion week
I cannot stop thinking about it. Talk about a Kumbaya. On the heels of his departure, designer Peter Copping gave one last show for Nina Ricci before heading to Oscar de la Renta to take on the role of head designer. “Unabashedly feminine” will always catch my eye coming down the runway and this show had no shortage of it. Leather skirts with ruffle (really?)…corset waistlines (YES!)… just really romantic stuff and this look sums it up. Want to see more?
Photo Credit: Modaoperandi.com
4. Lemon Lavender Bark
This is white chocolate with lavender, lemon and almonds. Perhaps a pinch of Himalayan salt is in there too? Last week, Haley (our graphic designer) and I headed into Burlington for a Holiday photo shoot, but not before stopping at Daily Chocolate in Vergennes along the way. These local, luscious chocolates are made in small batches daily and hand-dipped and cut. We can appreciate that! The Lemon Lavender is the one you should try if you ever find yourself in Vermont. Clearly, I’m still thinking about it.
Photo Credit: www.thevermontepicure.com
Need a new way to rest and relax this weekend? Try a Flower Bath! It sounds exotic, but it’s not – it’s a really simple, practical way to create tranquility for yourself in the comfort of your own home. Add the following to your regular bath then sit back with a candle and, for the love of Friday, chill out.
- Aura Cacia Mineral Bath Packettes (I love the tranquil chamomile.)
- White Mountain Epsom Salts (1/2-1 cup)
- Roll on your favorite Tata Harper Natural Aromatherapy Treatment to your pulse points and neck
- Aura Cacia Bubble Bath (Again, go for tranquil chamomile. Matching scents ensures you don’t overwhelm yourself.)
- Fresh flowers from your local grocer or garden if you have one (This ingredient may seem insignificant but it’s the most important part so don’t skimp on it. It’s all in the details!)