This past weekend, I spent some time re-organizing at home, and as I tidied up I stumbled a few really special things that I wanted to share with all of you. From skincare to books to shoes, here’s a list of some things that I’m really loving right now!
1. Self Portrait’s Guipure Lace Mini Dress – how stunning is this dress? I got it for a recent event and it practically stole the show. I’m a fan of unique and beautiful materials, and lace is up there on my list of favorites. This lavender color goes beautifully with a pair of clean, white sandals and the patterns’ complexity goes well with a simple makeup look.
2. Ancient Greek Sandals’ Ikaria – I adore these sandals! I wore them nonstop on my trip home to Colombia. They’re comfy, and the nude color means they go with everything. The wings are definitely unusual, but they turn heads and add a little flair to your outfit.
3. Moisturizing Mask – it’s no secret that this is one of my favorite skincare items; I feel like I talk about it all of the time! I wear this every night, layering it over a serum and massaging it in just before bed. It gives my skin a luminous, even look when I wake up, and takes care of any dehydrated spots. I believe that high-quality moisture is one of the most guaranteed ways to keep your skin looking plump and youthful, so for me, the more moisture in my routine – the merrier.
4. Comme des Garcons shirt for J.Crew – this top is just too sweet. I think it’s sold out, but this cozy-looking sweater is a cute alternative. I love the little heart; it adds a tiny pinch of personality to an otherwise beautiful basic shirt!
5. The Last Pirate by Tony Dokoupil – I met Tony when he interviewed me for his NBC Show, Greenhouse, and he told me about this book that he wrote, about his father’s career as a marijuana smuggler. I can’t put it down – it’s thrilling! Talk about a perfect beach read.
6. Very Charming – I literally do not leave the house without this beauty on my cheeks, or at least in my purse for quick access. It’s such a darling color, and I’m so happy that it’s consistently gotten such great reviews from people who are so happy that they found the perfect petal pink. Needless to say, it’s on my favorites list.
7. Love Potion – If Very Charming is my signature shade, Love Potion is my signature scent. I put it on every morning – my wrists, neck and even some over my heart. I personally love the notes of Ylang ylang – and I love that Davana essential oil smells different on everyone, so it’s like an original scent every time.
8. Clean Green Eats by Candice Kumai – There are a lot of “clean eating” cookbooks out there, and they tend to all be a little bit the same, usually with a lot of exotic healthy ingredients that are impossible to find at an average grocery store. That’s why I was so relieved when Candice sent me her new book – it’s my new favorite, and we’ve already enjoyed a handful of family dinners from its pages. Candice really understands healthy food, but she understands the need to eat simple, filling meals that actually taste good. I can’t recommend this cookbook highly enough – and it makes a great gift!
9. Baggu’s Weekend Bag in Sailor Stripe – Every Saturday morning I load up this bag with all of the stuff our family needs for the day’s adventures – snacks, water bottles, tennis shoes and bathing suits for the kiddos, etc etc – and it never fails to be the perfect size. Plus, it’s adorable.
10. Never Stop to Think – Do I Have a Place for This? – This book has been a coffee-table staple in my home and guest house since it came out. It always gets so much attention from visitors, not only because our houses are featured in it (!!) but because it offers fascinating portraits of really interesting, unique people who love to fill their lives and spaces with lots of precious, sometimes odd trinkets and antiques. I love to give this book as a gift, and flip through it when I have my morning tea – I always find interior inspiration in the pages.
11. Spektre Sunglasses – I’m so glad I discovered this sunglasses brand! I’m in love with the bright, playful colors, and they fit really well. There are a million options, so there’s one for everyone; I got pairs for my sisters and they adore them too.
12. Rejuvenating Hand Cream – Like Very Charming, I never take this item out of my purse, and there’s always one on my desk, too. I adore the formula that we achieved for this product; it’s not greasy, not too thick, and it sinks right in, leaving your skin silky soft to the touch. All too often, the health of our hands is neglected, until its too late. I created this Cream to provide essential moisture and protection to one of our bodies’ most exposed areas.
13. Patchwork denim is one of my favorite looks! I recently spent the afternoon with my girls at home creating our very own original patchwork denim jackets, which was such a fun activity. I took my old Ralph Lauren denim jacket and gave it a new life; you can see how mine came out here, and Grace is wearing hers here.
14. Isabel Marant Johana Pomponious Sandals – Yet another pair of gorgeous sandals that made my summer that much more fun. I wore these at our Natural Technology Summer Summit and they were delightfully comfortable. Isabel Marant is one of my favorite designers; I love that she puts such a unique, edgy flair on everyday essentials.
15. Pride and Prejudice, the Peacock Edition – This book looks so pretty on my nightstand. It’s my favorite book of all time; Elizabeth Bennett is my favorite character from literature, so I treasure this copy. I put it front and center when I re-organized our bedroom, and can’t wait for my daughters to read it when they get older.
Well, there you have it, fifteen favorites. Do you love any of these things, too? Anything you’d recommend we check out?
Author: Tata Harper
I want to create beauty products that meet the standards of the modern woman: luxurious, effective, and nontoxic.