Let us paint a picture of a perfect holiday vacation: you are away with family for a ski vacation, perhaps the Swiss Alps or the mountains of Utah and you just came in from a wonderful day on the ski slopes. Before you head into town for some holiday shopping or from an apres ski cocktail, you want to freshen up for a bit. Perhaps you take a dip in the heated outdoor pool or a nice relaxing bath! Here are a few skincare tips to remember after a day on a slopes (or simply a cold day in Vermont, if you are like me and taking the ‘stay-cation’ route this year.)
- Be it a walk down the street in the winter or a day on the chairlift, your skin is most likely dry and deprived of the ideal moisture it receives in the warmer summer months. Before you hop in steaming hot shower or take a dip in the bath tub, be sure to take time to exfoliate your skin. Our Smoothing Body Scrub works best when applied to dry skin to allow for maximum exfoliation. Gently massage the scrub over your body in circular motions before rinsing off with water.
- Often times, after a day of skinning, our skin is flushed and our nose is runny. If you have some extra time, take a break from your regular shower and hop in the bath tub. In the winter months I love to use Pursoma’s Hot Tub Bath treatment. This product is great if you have any cold or flu like symptoms due to the ginger root powder and also montmorillonite clay to help rid your body of toxins. Or maybe Rica’s Bathtub Tea, a collection of skin-softening herbs that steps in the tub.
- Once you have hopped out of the shower make sure to continue to aid your dry skin with our Revitalizing Body Oil. The concentrated formula will revitalize and invigorate your skin due to the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients within the product. For any areas of your body that are especially dry cracked, such as elbows or ankles, use our Redefining Body Balm for intense nourishment.
- The steam in a shower or bath helps to open up all the pores on your skin so after a shower is the ideal time to treat your skin because the products you use will have a greater impact. While you are all cozy in your bathrobe and sipping on a cup of hot tea, it is the perfect time to boost the moisture in your face with a hydrating face mask, such as our Moisturizing Mask. The mask works best if worn overnight while you sleep, but if you are heading to a cocktail party or dinner, apply a thin layer to your skin, leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes to allow for your skin to absorb the product and then wipe off the excess with a tissue. After resupplying moisture to your face, follow your traditional skincare regimen.
- I don’t know about you, but skiing leaves me worn out. I always wake up the next day with SUPER sore legs – ouch! This is where our Soothing Muscle Gel comes in – don’t be caught on a ski trip without it. Just massage it liberally into your legs (quads, hamstrings, even those sore shins!) and let the tingly, ache-soothing formula help relieve your pain and discomfort.
- Without a doubt, every year once I start skiing again in the winter, my lips start to get chapped. With the cold wind hitting your face all day while you are out skiing, it is hard to prevent dry lips. That is why I always keep our Be Fierce Lip Treatment within a hands reach.
Are you going to be hitting the ski slopes this holiday season? Do you have a favorite mountain or post skiing routine? Let us know in the comments below.