Martha Stewart, this one is for you! If you recall back in October we attended Martha Stewart’s American Made Event in Grand Central Station. American Made celebrates the spirit of local craftsmanship by spotlighting businesses and communities that have turned their passion for beautiful, quality handmade goods into a way of life. We were humbled to be included and in such good company.
One of our favorite parts of the evening was the food… wait a minute, that’s just about every event we attend! The food stations were setup like art installations designed to look like you were plucking your small bite right out of the garden (or, we’d like to think, Martha’s garden!) We snacked on delicious veggies with mouthwatering spreads, decadent cheeses and two-bite sandwiches.
We couldn’t help but wonder, if this was a pot-luck, what artful conception would we contribute to the inviting spread? The idea for Tata’s garden flower ice cubes sprouted! We dreamed up plucking fresh blooms from Tata’s garden, making them into cubes and adding them to a zesty summer cocktail.
When it was time to put together our prop list for a July photoshoot on our farm, we dug this one out of the archive. Not only are the cubes perfect for keeping your drink nice and chill, they also help create the perfect backdrop for our Hydrating Floral Essence which is a soothing and cooling moisturizer and refreshing toner- perfect for summertime. Every picture tells a story. We hope you’ll enjoy and we hope this story makes it’s way to the desk of Martha.
Xo Jenna & Clare
(Makes enough cubes for two trays)
– If you have a wildflower garden (lucky you), pluck fresh blooms. Try to find as much variation in color as possible so you have a colorful array. Fill a cereal size bowl with your colorful bounty.
– Snip the flower with as little stem as possible left on the flower.
– If you’re not picking fresh flowers, visit your local floral market or store. Look for small flowers like mini roses, tiny daisies and poppies. (The poppies make the most beautiful cubes, in our opinion!)
– Set up two rubber ice cube trays on the counter. We got these ones from Crate and barrel. (Link) They have small and large size. We think it looks really nice to have one large and one small in a drink.
– Fill the trays less than half way with water. You want to have a frozen layer on the bottom so you can have a wildflower trapped inside the cube. Let the amount freeze completely and then drop on your flowers. Get creative and mix and match the flowers to your liking with little stems and sprouts. Fill the cubes trays with a small stream of water very carefully and slowly so that you don’t dislodge the flowers.
– Put in your freezer and let them freeze completely. Then, pop them out and serve up with your favorite summer cocktail recipe!
We’ll be serving these garden flower cocktail at our Open Lab event next week. For more eye candy and beautiful curiosities as well as an insiders look at our next event, be sure to follow us @tataharper on instagram!
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.