Meet the everyday contour. Quick, effortless, natural.
Those three words were the inspiration behind our new Luminous Definition How to Contour and Highlight Kit. Contouring can be intimidating; those tiger stripes of bronzer and highlighter splashed across Instagram and YouTube did not strike us as “every day”, but we wanted that definition and enhanced glow, too. So, we created a contouring kit with gorgeously blendable, buildable formulas that make it easy and quick to contour your complexion and to find your perfect angle.
So, where does one begin? With a simple how-to. Here are some photos that show Before, During and After application of our bronzer (Very Bronzing) and highlighter (Very Illuminating), and here, we’ll walk you through a step-by-step of how to get simple yet striking contouring effects in no time.
First, we believe that a seamless contour starts with a smooth canvas. This kit includes complimentary samples of our best-selling skincare essentials, our Regenerating Cleanser and Resurfacing Mask. Use these before applying your contouring kit for soft skin and easy application.
Prep: Apply the Regenerating Cleanser to dry skin and massage gently to activate the enzymes. Leave your cleanser on for the next step! Then, apply the Resurfacing Mask over your cleanser, and leave on for 5 – 1o minutes; you’ll feel the enzymes tingling in action. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Using a brush or your fingertips, lightly apply the highlighter under the eye with gentle sweeping motions. Blend along the cheekbones into the temples.
- Next, draw a line from earlobe to lip area and blend. Also, apply around the nose to fill in any shadows and redness.
- To give the face a lit-from-within look, create an upside-down triangle starting between the eyebrows and blend upward and outward into the forehead. Then, create a line of highlighter down the entire bridge of your nose, blending lightly.
- For an added brightening effect, add highlighter to the cupids bow, to the center of the chin, and to the brow bone. Blend well.
- To chisel the cheekbones, create a thick bronze line down the hollow of the cheek starting at the bottom of the earlobe and extend down in the direction of the corner of the mouth (but do not cross the boundary of the laugh line).
- To slenderize the face, create a shadow of bronze at the top of the forehead along the hairline and blend in.
- Sculpt the jawline by starting where the cheek and earlobe meet and shade down the edge of the jawbone all the way down to the chin area. Repeat on the other side. Then create sweeping strokes downward along the neck to create depth and define the shape of your face.
- Last, create two straight, parallel bronze lines on each side of the nose starting at the inner corner of the eyebrow and continuing down to the end of your nose. Blend gently on each side ensuring that you keep the symmetry of the lines in place.
And, viola! A luminous, sculpted look that still looks unmistakably and beautifully you. Be sure to take a photo of the finished effect, and to share it @tataharper!
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.