Welcome to Vermont!
We’re a bit biased over here but the Green Mountain State is truly one of the most beautiful places you could hope to visit – especially in the summer and fall. If you’ve been keeping up with the blog, you may have read about our Natural Technology Summer Summit. Along with enlightened leaders in holistic health and technical, research-driven science, Tata and Henry welcomed top beauty journalists to our HQ to explore the world of innovative, natural ingredients in order understand how they enhance our health and the environment. While we love to show guests around the farm, it’s not every day that we welcome such a large group, so we wanted to do it in a very special way!
Something very special about Tata is her attention to intention. A self-proclaimed “avid collector” (think: lots of cool antiques), she’s also a collector of memories, and she is known for how she creates them for other people – a tribute to her taste! (Last year for Holiday she surprised me with a bright orange cashmere throw that I’m embarrassed to say rarely leaves my side. Have you ever met a 30-year-old with a blankie? 3 of my family members have tried to swipe it… It’s that good.) Needless to say, a cheerful welcome that our guests would always think of whenever they heard the word “VERMONT” was on the top of our planning agendas.
Luckily for us, Tata has friends at companies that make some of the most characteristic products of Vermont as well as other green science beauty companies. Luckily for you (you, you, or maybe you?), we saved one to raffle away on our blog. You can enter for a chance to win Tata Harper’s “Welcome to Vermont’ gift basket from our Natural Technology Summer Summit below! Here’s a list of what’s inside as well as some insider scoop on what makes each treasure inside so sweet. Good luck and please come visit Vermont soon!
- Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser: It’s one of the best cleansers for oily and problematic skin year round but it’s especially more popular in the summer when we’re all prone to a little extra shine.
- Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil: Knowing our guests would join us for our first ever Summer Summit BBQ where our dress code was “elegant”, we wanted to treat everyone to a decadent, luxurious glow that paired oh-so-well with so many of the summer dresses we saw and loved.
- Tata Harper Aromatic Bedtime Treatment: Something to stash on the bedside tables so guests could get a full night of sleep before our early morning wake-up (insert real-life rooster crow sound effect here). The information part of the Summit began super early the following day and I will say that guests were looking rested and radiant even after a late night of dancing and marshmallow roasting.
- Tata Harper Very Vivacious Lip & Cheek Tint: This was a no brainer. It’s summer and this color looks remarkable on everyone during this time of year. It’s a more modern take on the trendy coral shades that have been on everyone’s lips the past few summers. This one is a little more matte than most and has a noticeable sophistication to it.
- Beautifying Face Oil: I once wrote that if I were traveling to a deserted island this would be the one product I took and still feel that way. This oil is great for the cold, dry months but it’s a go-to in the summer just as well. Apply just a couple drops to skin in the morning under your foundation and you’ll be glowing all day. Plus, it’s the perfect size for travel!
- Tom’s Women’s Classics, (Women’s Size 8!) Here’s a little glimpse into the life of Tata. One minute she’s having a design meeting on the farm in Vermont and the next she’s touching down in an airport in New York for a launch event. Many times you’ll spot her in a pair of Tom’s; they’ve sort of become a signature of hers. We feel very fortunate to call Heather Mycoskie (that’s Mrs. Blake Mycoskie) a constant support of our work and we’re fans of hers as well. She generously sent a pair of Tom’s for each of our guests to wear while they hiked, toured our Open Lab and danced under the stars!
- Pursoma Detox Beauty Minerals De Mer Body Soak: Tata has me seriously into bath salts and minerals and I’m pretty sure that after our guests try Pursoma’s De Mer Body Soak they are going to insist on a mineral bath each week too. Consider these the creme de la creme of bath rituals and the one guests received from our friends at Pursoma is an all around favorite. Made from pure, raw, vegan Ingredients, this soak helps to detoxify the body using the sea’s restorative minerals. It’s a great product to stimulate circulation in the body and help eliminate toxins, which I am sure our guests will spend a lot more time thinking about after what they learned at the Summit.
- Butternut Mountain Farm VT Maple Syrup: You can’t leave Vermont without a glass maple leaf filled with liquid goodness. We wanted to make sure guests were sent home with one that is an organic and sustainably harvested. I hope they’ll tag us in pictures of #pancakes!
- Lake Champlain Chocolates Cherries & Chocolate Bar: Our sweet tooth was seriously satisfied by adding Lake Champlain cherries and chocolate to our gift bags. They also supplied us generously with dark chocolate for our marshmallow roasting!
- Sidehill Farm: Red Raspberry & Strawberry 1.5oz Jamples: There is an adorable shop in Middlebury that the girls in our office love to frequent called Vermont’s Own. This shop carries all Vermont’s local favorites including these adorable homemade style jams with super cute gingham tops. Very Tata! We included raspberry and blueberry inside.
- Lavanila Vanilla Blackberry Deodorant: It’s true. Our guests learned some scary facts about nasty chemical ingredients inside products that women use every day, like deodorant. We wanted to send our guests home with not only the best in high performance natural skincare and arm them with what we think is a pretty tough (but smells sweet and lovely) deodorant that they would use every day. Our friends at LaVanilla were so kind to send us these Blackberry and Vanilla deodorants. We recommend giving them a whiff!
- Fat Toad Farm Caramel: To end this on a seriously sweet note, we’ll tell you a little about Fat Toad Caramel. Run by a husband and wife team, the Irvings, Fat Toad has perfected the art of caramel making with goats milk that they product. We can appreciate that this family goes to extreme measures to ensure that the finest quality is upheld. If you’ve never had goat’s milk caramel, you just have to try it. It’s silky and creamy and just the right amount of sweet. It’s amazing in coffee and delicious on pancakes but the all time best way to experience it is on ice cream.