Nestled in the heart of downtown New York City (SOHO and the West Village, to be specific) is one of my favorite eateries, Jack’s Wife Freda. Whether you’ve stalked the mouth watering images on Instagram of their home-cooked fare, or you happen to frequent the spot every weekend for brunch with your girlfriends, then you’re familiar with the one and only Maya Jankelowitz.
Not only does Maya run one of the best restaurants in the city with her husband Dean, but she is also the mother of two beautiful boys, and is a bit of style icon with her eclectic and colorful ensembles. I am so thrilled today to share a little bit about the woman behind it all–what are you waiting for? Grab a fork and dive in to discover why we chose this culinary Queen as one of our Mother’s Day muses!
1. What’s going on in your world right now?
The kids are on spring break at our favorite place on vacation in Jamaica with my family and father in law.
2. Which superpower would you most want to have now that you’re a mom?
3. What is one trait that you love about yourself that your children have brought out in you?
4. What’s the most important lesson you have learned so far as a mother?
Too many–self love and acceptance.
5. How has being a mom changed your beauty routine?
I have less time for beauty, but also between 2 kids and 2 restaurants, I’ve learned how to use time a lot more efficiently. The busier you are, the more creative you get with the hours of the day and figuring out how to get it all done.
6. If we were to empty your handbag right now, what would we find inside?
Paw Patrol bandaids, Headphones, Jack’s wife Freda postcards, Jack’s wife Freda pens, kids Cliff Bars, my sunnies and my kids sunnies.
Author: Tata Harper
I want to create beauty products that meet the standards of the modern woman: luxurious, effective, and nontoxic.