You have combination skin. If there was such thing as “normal” skin, this is it… experts say this is the most common skincare type amongst women!
If you fall under the combination skin category, it’s likely that you may have and oily T-zone, dry patches on the cheeks, medium pores, a smooth texture and a healthy tone, which is a sign of healthy circulation (that is something to be happy about). Through my personal experiences traveling the world and speaking to women about their glow, their breakouts, their dark circles and rosy cheeks, what I have found to be true is that combination has its unique characteristics and individual needs that sometimes fall outside what a typical combo skincare routine looks like and so combination skin often doesn’t get the full attention it deserves. Upon examination skin, I’ll often find that combination skin has blackheads, broken capillaries, dull tone and sometimes mild rosacea. This isn’t about going looking for flaws, this is about taking skin that’s already beautiful and allowing it to glow in its most healthy, balanced state.
In the regimen below, I’ll suggest an all encompassing regimen for “combination skin” and then make some additional recommendations for areas where combination skin could experience problems.
1) Use the Regenerating Cleanser as your daily face face wash. This cleanser couldn’t be more perfect for you. It’s going to soften the dry patches on your cheeks thanks to apricot seed powder to reveal smooth and glowing skin. This formula also has aloe leaf juice powder and that will hydrate and repair tissue damage. It’s not going to strip your natural moisture barrier because its completely formulated without surfactants, sulfates or any other foaming agents. Why is this important? When you’re taking more moisture and oil out of the skin than necessary, your skin needs to overcompensate and replenish itself and it does so by delivering extra oil which is what we see in the t-zone.
2) My belief is that layering multiple lightweight products for combination skin is better than using one heavy product. We all know moisture is key in an age-defying routine and it keeps the skin resilient. After you cleanse, you’ll want to spritz our Hydrating Floral Essence 4-5 times over your entire face and that’s going to give you another layer of moisture. The pure essential oils inside, jasmine and tangerine, restore tone, soothe and reduce redness and even out your tone.
3) While the skin is still damp from spritzing your floral, apply a thin layer of Rejuvenating Serum all over. I recommend it to everyone, not just those with combination skin. It’s powered by Hyaluronic Acid, which is rich in antioxidants and vitamins for a visibly healthier, more radiant appearance. Our serum promotes a firm, youthful look, while supporting elasticity and helping to protect the skin from environmental damage.
4) Our Rebuilding Moisturizer is best for combination skin because it provides hydration with a matte finish. Plus, it has willow bark and meadowsweet which helps to slough off dead skin, revealing more luminous, healthy-looking skin. Apply two pumps to the entire face and neck after your Rejuvenating Serum.
5) The Resurfacing Mask is a miracle worker for combination skin, because it does a little bit of everything. It totally exfoliates and decongests the top layer of the skin for a refreshed look and softer skin. It tightens and minimizes pores, reduces redness, and fights breakout with Willow Bark, a natural form of salyclic acid. It’s tough enough that it really works, but it’s gentle and non-irritating, too. Essentially, it does the work of a peel to immediately improve appearance, but without the downtime or irritation. Use it three times in one week to regulate sebum production and get skin back to a healthy balance (it will glow, guaranteed), and then in the weeks following, just once a week. Layer it on clean skin and let it fully dry; leave on for 20-30 minutes and rinse off.
6) I simply have to recommend our Concentrated Brightening Serum, a powerful treatment that is super targeted to treat uneven skin tone. This falls in the combination category because often people with combination skin are working to heal their complexions from darkness left over by acne, or from unwanted freckles or sun spots. This serum has a complex of ingredients that fight the entire cascade of the events within the layers of the skin that form a dark spot, to effectively reduce existing darkness and prevent new ones from forming. Apply it as a special nighttime treatment in a thick layer before bed, or spread it on targeted concern areas.
7) Last but never least is our Replenishing Nutrient Complex. If you have combination skin and are only interested in trying out one product, this is it! This is an incredibly powerful balancing and healing facial oil serum that penetrates the skin quickly and leaves it feeling non-greasy and nourished. Sometimes I wonder if there’s anything this product can’t do. It helps regulate excess oil production, helps heal the appearance of scars, calms inflammation and reduces irritation, and its high concentration of Rosehip Seed Oil infuses the skin with a healthy glow. Roll a thin layer over your skin as the last step, and load it on extra thick overnight for a luxuriously hydrating treatment.
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.