One of the greatest benefits of oily skin is that the oil gland secretion delivers Vitamin E to the skin, according to a 1999 study reported in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology. This means: the more oil you produce, the more vitamin E gets delivered, which gives your skin protection from environmental damage and the sun. You still need sunscreen, but you’re armed with an added shield thanks to your naturally oily skin. Oily skin also tends to be thicker so it can handle more intense weather and let’s not forget, it also gives the appearance of a built-in glow. Remember, many people spend money on trying to achieve that look!
The skincare routine I want to recommend for oily skin is intended to keep your moisture-barrier intact and not strip the healthy oil from your face but to help with balancing excess production that could be due to a hormonal imbalance, changes in weather or the cosmetics youre using.
1) Wash your face twice a day. You want to avoid stripping your skin of its protective oil so you want a cleanser that’s free of soaps or detergents, which strip away all traces of oil, leaving your skin’s natural balance out of whack. Our Regenerating Cleanser is going to obliterate grease and excess oil without leaving your skin dry and parched- which will then cause oil glands to overcompensate. Apply 2-3 pumps of the Regenerating Cleanser to dry skin. Massage gently to activate the enzymes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2) Exfoliate twice a week to loosen buildup and remove dirt and oil from your pores. Our Resurfacing Mask provides physical and chemical exfoliation as pomegranate enzymes provide cleansing and pore minimization and french pink clay reduces the appearance of pores and helps detoxify skin. Apply a thick layer to clean skin. Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
3) I recommend just a pea size of our Rejuvenating Serum over entire face and neck in the morning and at night to those with oily skin. Sometimes, people are hesitant to add another layer but youll see that this serum absorbs so rapidly that it doesnt sit on the skin. It goes in quickly and delivers high performance age-defying benefits to the skin with its water based delivery system.
4) For lightweight moisture, apply 1-2 pumps of Rebuilding Moisturizer over face and neck for a silky-matte finish. This is another oil-free, water based formula.
5) The Restorative Eye Creme is amazing for all skin types because it has an extremely lightweight feel and goes absorbs quickly. It wont sit on the skin or make makeup slide off later in the day. Add 1/2 pea size amount around the entire eye area – upper and lower lid – to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and puffiness.
6) The Replenishing Nutrient Complex is an unexpected product for oily skin types, but it dramatically helps balance sebum production for skin that’s less oily in the long-term. Plus, it gives a luminous, nourished glow.
Have more questions about creating a natural and nontoxic skincare routine for oily skin? Ask me on Facebook or twitter!
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.