Mature is a skin type I am very familiar with as the majority of my clients have mature skin and are looking for fine lines and moisture solutions plus a little glow. Who isnt?
The first tip in any healthy skincare routine is to love your skin, and mature skin is great. I loved what Cameron Diaz had to say in The Body Book about the age-defying culture and honoring the journey of older women by not upholding the expectation to defy age. We should celebrate the way we look! I too believe that in that philosophy and I love her approach to body and skin confidence. Without trying revert back entirely to our skin at eighteen years old, there are some things we can do to be kind to our skin and make it its healthiest and most radiant ever at no matter what age by taking care of it, every day.
And speaking of taking great care, if you have mature skin and are starting to see drastic changes in your skin, NOW is the time to get serious about taking care in all other areas. Adequate sleep, being in nature with fresh clean air, gut health and nutrition, hydration, even meditation (for reduced stress) can all positively affect the appearance of your skin. Being on the exterior, our skin certainly receives the most attention amongst all the bodys major organs but if you were to read about the bodys other systems and start incorporating overall health oriented practices in your day, I guarantee you would see changes you wouldnt believe in your skin as well.
Below are my suggestions for a natural and nontoxic skin care routine for mature skin.
1) Moisture is so key so from step 1 all the way to step five I will be making recommendations that are designed to keep your skin supremely moisturized. Wash your face twice a day with our Regenerating Cleanser. Free of soaps, alcohols and detergents, this cleanser clarifies with fresh enzymes, clays and essential oils, while microspherical beads polish the skin all without stripping the skin of moisture. Apply 2-3 pumps. Massage gently to activate the enzymes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2) Get the appearance of smoother, healthier, brighter skin with our Resurfacing Mask. Peels are great for giving us the appearance of radiant skin but we cant afford to wait for a spa day to glow the way we were intended to. This award-winning beta-hydroxy treatment works like a traditional peel to provide an instant solution for dull skin without causing downtime or irritation. It delivers an instant glow, minimizes the appearance of pores and improves texture for smooth, glowing skin. Youll love the marmalade texture and juicy scent. Putting it on is a treat, not a hassle.
3) This is our hero product in the mature skin regimen- our Rejuvenating Serum. It promotes a firm, youthful look, while supporting elasticity and helping to protect the skin from environmental damage.
4) Again, moisture is key! Well say it again and again.You want a moisturizer thats going to deliver hydration and plump the skin giving it that cushion-y look. Keeping hydrated is also going to help with this! I believe in products with quality Biocompatible Hyaluronic Acid because this ingredient delivers age-defying hydration in the skin to support a plump, youthful cushion while stimulating natural moisture production. Its one of the most efficient ways to moisturize and preserve the skins integrity. Our Repairative Moisturizer is powered by this high performance ingredient as well as raw honey from our farm which is nourishing and soothing.
5) Dont forget the eyes and the lips. The skin around these areas is the most delicate on the entire body and often goes uncared for. Its usually where fine lines, wrinkles and hollow skin appear most. Both our Restorative Eye Creme and Lip Treatments have Spanish Lavender which helps to lessen the appearance of lines and wrinkles, helps to firm appearance of the eyelid, and reduces signs of fatigue and stress which we show in both areas.
Have more questions about creating a natural and nontoxic skincare routine for mature skin? Ask me on Facebook or twitter!
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.