Tata’s on the road all the time, traveling to cities around the country and world to educate and raise awareness about natural, nontoxic beauty, as well as hold events, train spa and store employees, and meet with natural beauty and business innovators. When she’s not answering questions about skincare, health and wellness, she’s almost always asked for recommendations for places to eat, sleep, exercise and shop.
We thought we’d do a little series of Tata Guides to her favorite cities, starting with the one and only New York!
P.S. – traveling somewhere soon? Don’t miss out on picking up an aromatherapy gift with purchase this week! (Tata’s never without them.) Enjoy a free 3ml Aromatherapy Treatment with any purchase over $150*. Pick your own! Enter the code of your choice at checkout! For a Mini Stress Treatment, enter OHM. For a mini Irritability Treatment, enter AAH. For a mini Bedtime Treatment, enter ZZZ. Offer ends 11:59 pm PST 2/28/14! Know which one you’ll go for? Head here.
1. Shopping: ABC Carpet & Home! Give yourself plenty of time to explore. ABC carries the finest selection of sustainably-produced products for the home, body, mind and spirit. Everything you can imagine (from stationary to Persian rugs) is beautifully showcased inside with helpful, happy experts to guide you while you shop. Stop in ABC and try on a spritz of our NEW Love Potion!
2. Cozy Cappuccino: The Smile Cafe at Milk Studios! I start every day with a cup of dandelion root tea because it has amazing detoxifying benefits, but on a busy working day in NYC, I will treat myself to a perfectly frothy cappuccino from The Smile. In between meetings and shoots, it really is a wonderful spot to rest, reboot and catch up on some emails.
3. Travel Essential: The Love Potion! My most recent trip to NYC was for the launch of our new Love Potion with ABC Carpet & Home so I would have to say that this item is my travel essential, specifically in the smaller 5ml travel size rollerball. This aromatherapy for love is a great scent to travel with year round and having the smaller size makes it super convenient to keep in my back pocket or a small clutch for an evening out.
4. Fresh Juice: Organic Avenue. For me, being in Organic Avenue is like being a kid in a candy store. The shelves of brightly colored nutritious, tasty beverages really lift my spirits and my energy level when I am running around the city. The Royal Red is a punchy combination of pineapple & ginger that’s really refreshing. Served up in a cold glass jar, it’s my favorite source of energy in the morning with no crash by lunchtime.
5. Sustainable Fashion: Maiyet, Crosby Street. I’m always looking for eco-friendly fashion and designer brands, because I like to support sustainable companies wherever possible; I really love Maiyet, a gorgeous clothing and jewelry line whose colors, textures and fabrics are exotic and lush. They work with cooperatives in developing countries to create their pieces, which I adore. Kristy, their founder, is a friend of mine, so I love to stop in to visit her store on Crosby Street.
Is there a healthy spot in New York you love to visit or tell your friends about? Let us know in the comments section!
Special thanks to Blair Breitenstein for the Tata City Guide girl illustrations. Blair is a Tata Harper Skincare fan and a Seattle city girl herself with a charming personality & great style. You can check out Blair’s sketches on her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/
Author: Tata Harper Team
The team at Tata Harper Skincare is passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.